Acryflex is a water based, very fast drying, aliphatic polyurethane hybrid coating for waterproofing and protection. Acryflex is easily applied on both vertical and horizontal substrates and forms a seamless, elastic and hydrophobic membrane. You apply the product with a brush, roller or airless spraying in two or more coats. The quantity applied id depending on the final use requirements.
PACKAGING: 12kg Pails
Can successfully be applied to:
Concrete, fibrous cement, cement roof tiles, wood, galvanized steel, PU foam. For information about other substrates, please contact our technical team.
Standard concrete substrate conditions:
- Hardness: R28 = Mpa
- Humidity = W < 10%
- Temperature: 5-35°C
- Relative Humidity: < 85%
Clean the substrate using a high-pressure washer, if possible. Remove oil, grease and wax contaminants. Cement laitance, loose particles, mould release agents, cured membranes must also be removed. Surface irregularities should also be filled.
Apply recommended primer according to Technical Data Sheet specifications. For non- demanding applications (where standing water or negative water pressure is not an issue) prime with same material by diluting with 15% water. For more professional applications, apply primers as per above list or contact our technical department for further information.
Use a low speed (300 rpm) mixer. Although thinning is not necessary, the material can be further thinned by 5-10% water.
Apply with roller, brush or airless spraying in two or more coats. Do not apply under conditions of extreme wet weather or imminent rain or near freezing temperature.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Acryflex is water based.
- It’s very fast drying.
- It’s easy to apply and repair.
- It’s thixotropic.
- It’s seamless.
- It’s elastic.
- It’s highly resistant to stagnating water (ensure proper adhesion-see suitable primers list)
- Water vapor transmission: The film breathes so there is no accumulation of humidity under the coat.
- Excellent weather and UV resistance. The white colour reflects much of the solar energy and so reduces the internal temperature of structures considerably.
- Easy colouring of product with almost any water based pigment paste available at hardware stores, subject to adequate tests.
- Compatible with all standard Impervious primers.