IMPETHANE BGM is a quick curing, two component, thixotropic, bitumen-extended polyurethane fluid. It produces a hydrophobic, elastic membrane with very strong adhesion to most types of substrates, as well as bituminous and excellent mechanical and chemical resistance properties. It is ideal for application on vertical surfaces: No running, no bubbling.
It is based on pure elastomeric hydrophobic polyurethane resin and is extended with chemically polymerised virgin bitumen.
Apply with brush or spatula. Total consumption: 1.5 kg/m2 in two coats.
PACKAGING: 4KG + 0.16KG Catalyst
Waterproofing and protection of:
- gypsum and cement boards,
- asphalt membranes (for repair also),
- cementitious substrates,
- concrete/steel reinforced concrete or otherwise,
- light roofing made of metal or fibrous cement,
- closed spaces with high humidity.
Not recommended for unsound substrates or UV-exposed applications.
In general, IMPETHANE BGM has excellent adhesion to most types of substrates, as well as bituminous. Nevertheless, testing before use is strongly advised. Please contact our technical department for further information.
Concrete substrate conditions (standard):
- Hardness: R28 = 15MPa.
- Humidity: W < 10%.
- Temperature: 5-35oC
- Relative humidity: < 85%.
Clean the surface using a high-pressure washer, if possible. Remove oil, grease and wax contaminants. Cement laitance, loose particles, mould release agents, cured membranes must be removed. Fill surface irregularities with the appropriate product.
Application: Apply with brush or spatula.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Thixotropic: Easily applied on vertical surfaces and complex shapes without running or bubbling.
- Fast curing.
- Excellent adhesion on almost any type of surface, with or without the use of special primers.
- Excellent thermal resistance, the product never turns soft. Max service temperature 80 oC, max shock temperature 150 oC.
- Resistance in the cold: The film remains elastic even down to -40 oC.
- Outstanding mechanical properties, high elongation, tensile and tear strength, high abrasion resistance.
- Excellent chemical resistance.
- Effective humidity barrier.
CONSUMPTION RATES: 1.5 kg/m2 in two coats.
CLEANING: Clean tools and equipment first with paper towels and then using Xylene.
STORAGE: Store in a dry place, with temperatures between 5oC and 25oC.
SHELF LIFE: 12 months in the original unopened pails in dry places and at temperatures of 5-25oC. Once opened, use as soon as possible.
Contains a small quantity of volatile flammable solvents. Apply in well-ventilated, no smoking areas, away from naked flames. In closed spaces use ventilators and carbon active masks. Keep in mind that solvents are heavier than air, so they creep on the floor. The MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheet) is available on request.